Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lake Louise: Teahouse at Lake Agnes

After some sight seeing at Lake Louise, our epic trip found us making the hike up the Lake Agnes Teahouse. The hike was over 3km one way and had an elevation change of about 350 meters. I started off at a quick pace and before I knew it I was well ahead of Elizabeth and Orion, so I just decided to keep the pace and challenge myself. 

Before I knew it, I had encountered a series of waterfalls and the beautiful teahouse at the frozen lake in the mountains. Orion and Elizabeth made it up soon thereafter and we enjoyed one of the coolest moments of our trip: delicious Maple tea in the teahouse on frozen Lake Agnes. The picture you see is of Lake Agnes and the teahouse is just off to the right.

Fun fact: the employees in the teahouse actually live there the entire summer and have to backpack the supplies and food up while taking the trash down. No wonder the tea was $12 canadian for 6 cups. But it was definitely worth it and we left our server a nice tip!

Rafael